Today I’m talking with Barry O’Kane on niching down and creating a location independent business. He’s a Double Your Freelancing Academy student who has been working with Philip Morgan for the past few months while living in Edinburgh, Scotland and running his online business: Happy Porch. Barry has over 15 years experience in the web development industry and became location independent four years ago.
Today’s topics include:
- Double Your Freelancing new drip email marketing automation course
- The importance of using Mastermind groups to improve focus in your business
- Mastermind group structure, leadership and relationships
- Running a distributed team using structured communication processes
- Recent evolution of Double Your Freelancing Academy
- How Barry founded his company Happy Porch
With thanks to...
We'd like to take a moment and thank Freshbooks for supporting the Double Your Freelancing podcast.
So you’re racing against the clock to wrap up 3 projects, prepping for a meeting later in the afternoon all while trying to tackle a mountain of paperwork. Welcome to life as a freelancer.
Challenging? Yes, but our friends at FreshBooks believe the rewards are so worth it.
The working world has changed. With the growth of the internet there’s never been more opportunities for the self-employed. To meet this need, FreshBooks is excited to announce the launch of an all new version of their cloud accounting software! It’s been redesigned from the ground up and custom built for exactly the way you work. Get ready for the simplest way to be more productive, organized, and most importantly get paid quickly.
The all new FreshBooks is not only ridiculously easy to use, it’s also packed full of powerful features:
- Create and send professional looking invoices in less than 30 seconds.
- Set up online payments with just a couple of clicks and get paid up to 4 days faster.
- See when your client has seen your invoice, and put an end to the guessing games.
FreshBooks is offering a 30 day, unrestricted free trial to Double Your Freelancing podcast listeners. To claim your 30 day free trial, just go to http://FreshBooks.com/double and enter DOUBLE YOUR FREELANCING in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
Our thanks to Freshbooks for helping support the Double Your Freelancing podcast.
Resources and links:
Like the Podcast? Help us!
If you enjoy the Double Your Freelancing podcast, support us to keep it going!
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Leave us a 5-star review on iTunes
- Share the podcast with your friends
Here is what one loyal listener had to say about the Double Your Freelancing podcast:
Brennan is a champ. He always has actionable items to follow and his advice is spot on. With his help I’ve already snagged a new project at a rate 3X my original rate. I like his guests and they add more depth to the show.
Hopefully the fact that your show of support will keep the podcast going is reward enough for you. But we want to sweeten the deal for you even further:
After you’ve published your review, send an email to [email protected]. You’ll get an exclusive video from Double Your Freelancing Conference — James Clear's talk on Developing Better Work Habits — absolutely free. Click here to make it happen!