Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I’m Brennan Dunn, and I have one goal: Make you better off than you were before you met me.
Maybe you’re struggling to find clients. Or you’re overworked, and hardly have enough time to hang out with your spouse and kids. Perhaps you’re afraid to charge what you’re worth, and are barely getting by.
I’ve been there. I’ve been through all of that, and stumbled in the dark for quite a few years until I figured out how to conquer these dragons. And I want to help you do the same.
So why should you listen to me?
I’ve been in and around the world of freelancing for around 7 years now. My first introduction was like many of us — I did sidework after hours. Once my client base swelled to the point that I was able to quit my job and freelance fulltime, I quickly realized that I was losing out on a lot of opportunities by staying small.
So I grew my company. Over time, I opened up an office, expanded to a bigger office downtown, and had eleven full-time salaried employees on payroll. We had clients all over the world, and worked with some very recognizable brands.
Family and health reasons had me step away from my brick & mortar agency, but I’m passionate about helping freelance consultants grow their businesses — ideally without all the roadblocks and setbacks I experienced.
I make my living now providing great software and products to freelancers and consultants from my upstairs office, with my wife and two girls just a room away. I love what I do, but most importantly, I love the success stories and kudos I get each day from my readers and customers.
I’d love to have you join me and tens of thousands of other freelancers on my weekly newsletter. Each week, I send out strategies and tactics myself and others have used to grow our businesses. If you aren’t focused on improving yourself and your business each and every day, you really should be!
Interviews I’ve given around the web…
- Mixergy with Andrew Warner (how to come up with great products)
- How Did You Get Into That? with Grant Baldwin (my history as an employee -> freelancer -> product owner)
- Entrepreneur on Fire with John Lee Dumas (how to change your mindset)
- Startups For The Rest Of Us (first on how I got into products, later on running webinars)
- The Marketing Agents with Rich Brooks (on doubling what you charge)
- The Kalzumeus Podcast with Patrick McKenzie and Keith Perhac (on growing consulting businesses)
- The Nathan Barry Show (email marketing)
- Peak Marketer with Bill Guthrie (charging more)
- The Foolish Adventure Show with Tim Conley (six figure consulting)
- The $100 MBA (pricing your services)
- Entrepreneur 2.0 with Courtney McKenzie (how to get better clients)
- Working Without Pants with Jake Jorgovan (how I’m able to charge $20k+/week)
- The Art of Value (how to quantify the value of a project)
- Hack The Entrepreneur (the struggles I went through growing my business)
- Zen Founder with Dr Sherry Walling (how I set goals, align business goals with personal goals, and journal)
- Web Agency Podcast with Ben and Matthew Newton (how to do amazing work for your clients)
- Petovera with Matt Ackerson (building a 10k+ subscriber email list)
- Business Unleashed with Chris Green (being a consultant vs. technician)
- Launch Solid with Carlos Taborda (consulting and products)
- The Online Course Coach with Jeff Long (how I created Double Your Freelancing Rate)
- Agency Talk with Dan Norris (how agencies can build an audience)
- Leaders In The Trenches with Gene Hammett (how to specialize in solving a problem)
- The Freelancers Show (once on value-based pricing, the other on recurring revenue)
- Product People with Justin Jackson (how I built my software startup)
- WPElevation with Troy Dean (on freelancing)
- Peak Marketer with Bill Guthrie (charging more)
- Bright Ideas with Trent Dyrsmid (launching a SaaS in 4 months)
- Zen Courses Podcast with Janelle Allen (the story behind Double Your Freelancing)
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide To Finding Your First Customers with Jack Kaufman and Adii Pienaar (how to create a launch list)
- Internet Business Questions with Chris Smit (how to proactively freelance)
- Chasing Product with Chris Hawkins (productizing your consulting)
- Paid in Full: How to Charge More and Collect On Time with Brian Clark (charging more and getting paid)
- Nusii with Nathan Powell (how to win more proposals)
- The Freckle Blog (increasing your rates)
- Sound Design Live with Nathan Lively (selling solutions, not services)
- Freelance Transformation (how to be a high value consultant)
- Bootstrapped Web (first on building great products, later on getting more leads)
- Linchpin with Damian Thompson (the difference between SaaS and productized services)
- Clients From Hell Podcast with Bryce Bladon (getting started freelancing)
- Rethink Motivation with Thatcher Jensen (building a business while working full-time)
- Join Up Dots (how to focus on what’s important in your business)
- Tom Morkes (on increasing your freelance rates)
- The Customer.io Blog with Colin Neederkorn (building relationships over email)
- How To Build A Rocketship with Matt Goldman, Joelle Steiniger, and Michael Sacca (email marketing)
- Clients From Hell (how to get started as a consultant)
- Clients From Hell (should you ever work for free?)
- Sound Design Live (don’t sell services, sell solutions)
- In The Trenches (how to raise your freelancing rates)
- Agency Advantage (how I built my agencies and then transitioned to selling products)
- The Entrepreneur’s Radio Show (using the socratic method to grow your business)
- Happy Porch (the ins and outs of recurring revenue)
Have a question or want to get in touch? Let’s talk