Coaching series: Can Zach get Maia to a 6-figure income ($8,333/mo) within 6 months?
Follow their journey through the ups and downs and watch them grow!
Milestones from today’s episode:
- Maia refines her business offering while shifting to productized services
- Getting clear on her marketing strategy that creates a waitlist of clients
- Finding clients that align with her digital nomad lifestyle
Coaching highlights from today’s episode:
- When to prioritize rate increases with current clients and the how to implement them
- A simple marketing plan to reach new clients immediately
- Focus on the right type of marketing that leads to getting paid
Original coaching call recording date: 05/24/2023
Want to get one-on-one coaching from Zach?
The DYF Accelerator community includes weekly live 20-minute one-on-one Zoom coaching with Zach that follows the same format as you saw here.
You’ll also get access to our huge library of all past coaching calls, along with a text-based community and weekly accountability check-ins.
- 0:00 – 2:00 — Zach introduces the “Six Months to Six Figures” series of the Double Your Freelancing podcast, focusing on Maia’s journey from early-stage freelancer to earning six figures, aiming for $8,333 a month within six months.
- 2:00 – 4:00 — Zach discusses the series format, similar to the Office hours coaching in the accelerator program, offering insights for listeners who wish to receive similar coaching.
- 4:00 – 6:00 — Maia seeks guidance on prioritizing tasks in her business to make significant progress, expressing a desire to move away from being a service provider to focusing on personal projects.
- 6:00 – 8:00 — Maia outlines her business roadmap, emphasizing refining her service offerings, enhancing her website for better client engagement, and shifting towards more productized services.
- 8:00 – 10:00 — Zach and Maia discuss her client acquisition process, with Maia emphasizing her current successful lead conversion rate and her desire to maintain client volume but increase pricing. Zach suggests prioritizing price adjustments over extensive process formalization due to Maia’s small client volume.
- 10:00 – 12:00 — Zach and Maia discuss the risks of raising prices and potentially losing clients, with Maia expressing interest in building a waiting list and limiting her client intake to maintain work-life balance.
- 12:00 – 14:00 — Maia plans to allocate more time to marketing, especially through her newsletter and Instagram, aiming to attract clients aligned with her digital nomad lifestyle and soft-core marketing approach.
- 14:00 – 16:00 — Zach suggests Maia increase her work hours temporarily to focus on marketing, which would enable her to raise her rates and select clients more selectively.
- 16:00 – 18:00 — Maia agrees to Zach’s suggestion to allocate more time to marketing, aiming to increase her lead flow and subsequently raise her service rates.
- 18:00 – 19:28 — Zach concludes the session, encouraging Maia to set weekly goals for marketing time and attend accelerator sessions for accountability, while also promoting the DIY accelerator program to listeners.