The Double Your Freelancing Conference that took place last month In Norfolk brought a lot of great people together to share information and ideas. In this episode, 5 of the speakers from the conference join me to discuss what value they got from the conference and their overall impressions.
Mojca Mars – owner of Super Spicy Media, social media consultant
Brian Casel – owner of Audience Ops, content marketing service
Julie Elster – owner of Just Tell Julie, virtual accounts receivable service
Kurt Elster – ecommerce consultant who helps shopify stores double their revenue
Kai Davis – outreach consultant who helps consultants and product creators increase their traffic and grow their audience
We discuss some of the highlights of the Double Your Freelancing Conference, including:
- The sense of community we all felt that began with Slack conversations before the conference and continued through the event
- The fact that the speakers felt like attendees too
- Looking at attending conferences as an investment in your business
- Learning that so many people were forward-thinking with their businesses
- Brennan’s desire to have an actionable conference
- The speakers that inspired us to take action, apply their direction in some way to our own businesses and strive for productivity and focus
- a core theme of: be intentional in your business
With the success of the first Double your Freelancing Conference, I’m planning a European version, possibly in June 2016!
Resources and Links:
You can sign up now for the 2016 class of Double your Freelancing Clients. Fill out the opt-in form and I’ll contact you with details in November.
If you liked today’s podcast, please leave a review for the show in iTunes. I’m trying to get listed in new and noteworthy on iTunes and would appreciate your help!