My guest today is Todd Tresidder, a former hedge fund manager and founder of FinancialMentor.com. He is a personal finance and investing expert coach who teaches how to grow wealth and reach financial independence. He emphasizes the importance of personal development and fulfillment in attaining the goal of financial freedom.
A self-made millionaire himself, Todd’s FinancialMentor.com programs provide a step-by-step blueprint for building wealth. Visit Todd at FinancialMentor.com for free resources, courses, financial coaching and advice.
Today’s topics include:
- Conceptualizing the importance of retirement and making it a priority
- The journey to financial freedom as a freelancer
- Controlling expenses is important, but increasing your income is less limited
- Adding value to yourself by being a revenue increaser, not an expense to your client
- The goal is not just to be rich but to experience fulfillment and happiness
- The Rule of 300/400: For every $1000/month you spend it takes $300,000-$400,000 dollars in assets to support that
- The three classes of assets: business entrepreneurship, real estate, and stocks/bond/mutual funds
- Building passive assets as revenue streams
- Growing equity slowly instead of “getting rich quick”
- Formula for wealth: Make more than you spend, and invest the difference wisely
- People will pay for one thing, which is a solution to their problem.
- Formula for business: traffic x conversions = profit
Resources and links: