About Double Your Freelancing / About Brennan
DYF Founder & Co-Owner
Scaling an agency. Automated sales systems. Email marketing, funnels, & personalization.
Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I’m Brennan Dunn, and I have one goal: Make you better off than you were before you met me.
Maybe you’re struggling to find clients. Or you’re overworked, and hardly have enough time to hang out with your spouse and kids. Perhaps you’re afraid to charge what you’re worth, and are barely getting by.
I’ve been there. I’ve been through all of that, and stumbled in the dark for quite a few years until I figured out how to conquer these dragons. And I want to help you do the same.
So why should you listen to me?
I’ve been in and around the world of freelancing for over a decade now. My first introduction was like many of us — I did side work after-hours. Once my client base swelled to the point that I was able to quit my job and freelance full time, I quickly realized that I was losing out on a lot of opportunities by staying small.
So I grew my company. Over time, I opened up an office, expanded to a bigger office downtown, and had eleven full-time salaried employees on payroll. We had clients all over the world and worked with some very recognizable brands.
Family and health reasons had me step away from my brick & mortar agency, but I’m passionate about helping freelance consultants grow their businesses — ideally without all the roadblocks and setbacks I experienced.
I make my living now providing great software and products to freelancers and consultants from my home office. I love what I do, but most importantly, I love the success stories and kudos I get each day from my readers and customers.
Interviews I’ve given around the web…
- Mixergy with Andrew Warner (how to come up with great products)
- How Did You Get Into That? with Grant Baldwin (my history as an employee -> freelancer -> product owner)
- Entrepreneur on Fire with John Lee Dumas (how to change your mindset)
- Startups For The Rest Of Us (first on how I got into products, later on running webinars)
- The Marketing Agents with Rich Brooks (on doubling what you charge)
- The Kalzumeus Podcast with Patrick McKenzie and Keith Perhac (on growing consulting businesses)
- The Nathan Barry Show (email marketing)
- The $100 MBA (pricing your services)
- Working Without Pants with Jake Jorgovan (how I’m able to charge $20k+/week)
- The Art of Value (how to quantify the value of a project)
- Hack The Entrepreneur (the struggles I went through growing my business)
- Zen Founder with Dr Sherry Walling (how I set goals, align business goals with personal goals, and journal)
- Petovera with Matt Ackerson (building a 10k+ subscriber email list)
- Business Unleashed with Chris Green (being a consultant vs. technician)
- WPElevation with Troy Dean (on freelancing)
- Bright Ideas with Trent Dyrsmid (launching a SaaS in 4 months)
- Chasing Product with Chris Hawkins (productizing your consulting)
- Paid in Full: How to Charge More and Collect On Time with Brian Clark (charging more and getting paid)
- Nusii with Nathan Powell (how to win more proposals)
- Sound Design Live with Nathan Lively (selling solutions, not services)
- Freelance Transformation (how to be a high value consultant)
- Bootstrapped Web (first on building great products, later on getting more leads)
- Rethink Motivation with Thatcher Jensen (building a business while working full-time)
- Join Up Dots (how to focus on what’s important in your business)
- Tom Morkes (on increasing your freelance rates)
- The Customer.io Blog with Colin Neederkorn (building relationships over email)
- Sound Design Live (don’t sell services, sell solutions)
- In The Trenches (how to raise your freelancing rates)