- Ways we have marketed our consulting services in our past.
- Blogging, forum posting, content marketing, and social networks.
- Technical blogging, business blogging, random thoughts blogging.
- Investing into marketing activities
- Products can drive consulting sales
- Marketing sales funnel
- Ask “how did you hear about me?”
- Difficult to track every single person from marketing source to sale
- Easier to track in the aggerate based on source (e.g. Hacker News)
- How to determine when to focus exclusively on one channel or avenue.
- Know, Like, Trust
- Multi-touch marketing across different channels
- Increase your trust factor, e.g. Open Source, blogging
- Referrals transfer trust
- Diverse marketing sources are needed in case something changes to your primary marketing source.
- Have at least one backup source that compliments your primary one, if not two backups.
- Expensive conferences can be a good filter for clients who can afford your services.
- Asking for referrals
- Repeat clients
- Reaching out to existing clients 1-on-1 to follow up with past projects.
- Offering incentives or finders fees for referrals.
- Well timed out autoresponders for new leads